CBIA: Business Counterintelligence Conference
9/17/2012 to 9/19/2012
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
David Major, President of the CI Centre, will be featured as a keynote speaker at the upcoming Business Counterintelligence Conference in South Africa hosted by Corporate Business Insight & Awareness (CBIA). One of the key aims of the conference is to involve and to provide decision-makers, managers, business unit leaders and those responsible for the protection of information in their organizations with the insight to understand business counterintelligence and how it differs from other streams of information management practices.
- What is the scope of the business espionage and information theft threat to businesses;
- Non-cyber methods of information gathering and economic espionage;
- Social engineering, tradecraft and other psychological tricks used to penetrate a target company;
- The "insider” threat and motivational factors;
- Importance of information security awareness training;
- How to protect sensitive data and high value employees;
- Countering electronic espionage in business;
- Technical surveillance countermeasures (TSCM) risk management;
- The evolving cyber threat. The cyberspace is now providing relative small scale operators the opportunity to become involved in business espionage and information theft;
- Background screening and vetting, pre-employment and existing employee screening;
- The dark side of social media and what it means for business;
- The threat of consumerisation and BYOD;
- Policies, procedures and guidelines on how to build an effective business counterintelligence capability;
- Active dialogue session (Ask the Expert)– An interactive brainstorming session to solve common challenges and to share innovative solutions;
- Technical security product demonstrations.
You should attend the conference if you are involved in senior management, strategy, risk management, TSCM, security and the protection of information in your organisation. The conference will serve as a foundation for those professionals new to business counterintelligence and as a refresher for those professionals managing information protection in their organisations. Registration information.
« Go to Upcoming Event List